Once a friend of mine
asked me, where do you feel yourself best? He meaned that I just came from a
long trip through several countries and was curious which land I loved best. I
listened to my heart and answered sincerely, the road is this place where I
feel myself best of all. I feel myself best when I am equipped with my
backpack, on the road towards… Well, that makes no difference. Simply on the
road.
Though, this time I had
no idea how to ride a bike. But I had a secure feeling that this knowledge is
coming soon. And so it came.
Summer 2013, when I was
travelling across Scandinavia, violin behind my back, I got to a friend’s place
whose passion is motorcycles. He knew that I was already ‘bitten’ by this
subject at the age of 17 on a bike fest. So he tried to ‘bite’ me more, and we
rode his Soviet –style motorcycle and spoke about motorcycles all days. But
then he asked his friend to give me a ride on a Harley. And, wow, that was an
experience..! I was totally astonished by what I felt. I sang songs when we
were riding and was just crazy!
Then, as any girl, I
made lots of pictures on this Harley and felt perfect. But the next day
something changed. I got a needle prick in my heart, when I saw my pictures. In
my mind, I saw myself actually on the driver’s seat, not behind it. I just did not want to sit back anymore.
That flash came so
clear! When I returned back from Scandinavia to my home country, Estonia, I went to the driving school and, after a
while, got an A category. And this ‘while’, I must say, was full of joy and new
feelings, fallings, and happiness of learning to ride Yamaha ‘Fazer’.
My first own bike was
Honda CB 750 ’93, very frisky classical bike. I adored her (yes, definitely
‘her’: she was a strong and muscled one, and resembling a cow, so I gave her
the name from Norse mythology – ‘Audhumla’, the first cow), as one would adore
the first bike. But she was, unfortunately, too heavy for me. That’s why, after
a little road accident, I changed her for another lady – Yamaha Virago XV 750
’94.
I was pretty right with
this second choice. Cruisers are actually my passion from the beginning. And,
thanks to my husband, who is now a proud owner of Harley Davidson Sportster XL
1200 ’03, they remain my passion, because he can fix everything as it comes to
motorcycles. As for me, I do the polishing and make the motorcycle parts shine.
J So much about the harmony in relationship.
We are waiting for this
summer. It is my second summer ‘on the horseback’, so it promises to be very
special. We have loads of plans together: we would like to travel Europe up and
down and reach Polar Circle as well as see amazing bright Barcelona. My husband
adores sea and diving, and I am fond of European cultural heritage, so we plan
to combine our passions and reach everything we could afford. And, surely,
Ireland! I am so keen on Irish folk music (and playing it, too) and would like
to hear how it is played by Irish. And, as for the recording, I plan to keep
record of our adventures on my blog www.gpdbt.blogspot.com.
This trip must not sink into oblivion!
At that point I would
like to ask you, my dear readers – don’t you think that this big Europe trip
would be better to do on two Harleys? J To have the
same joy, same feelings, sound, I mean. I have always wanted to try to ride H-D
myself and I think that Street Glide 750 would be perfect for a girl of average
height, weight and strength. And I promise that no little thing about our trip
would remain unrecorded, because the forthcoming ride seems to be the highest
point of my life!




No comments:
Post a Comment